The PRIME SL-W is a tried and true high performance backcountry tool for women. Designed to minimize weight while maintaining riding and touring performance of your splitboard, the PRIME SL-W allows you to jet up the skin track and charge any line on your way down.
Rider: Marie-France Roy Photo: Zoya Lynch Location: BC
SPLITBOARD BINDINGS – TECHNOLOGY
NO SLOP— INSTANT RESPONSE.
Pre-loaded binding to board connections give instant response. The most responsive connection for snowboards and splitboards.
RIDE, TURN, STRIDE.
- Quick 1/4 turn from ride mode to walk mode
- Ride Mode: 0° to 22°, in 2° increments
- Surf Mode: 0° or 11°
- Walk Mode: -8° allows for longer stride
NATURAL BOARD FLEX.
- Open chassis allows board to twist naturally under binding
- 2x stronger than standard Aluminum
- CNC core outs maximize strength-to-weight ratio
- High sidewall supports boot for better power transfer and grip while side hilling
- Flared sidewall cups boot for better fit
WIDE CONTACT POINTS
DIRECT POWER TRANSFER.
Wide binding contact equals power transfer directly to edges and tip to tail.
RIDE MODE 2.0 TECHNOLOGY
Pre-loaded binding to board connections give instant response.
DROP ON CHANGE-OVERS.
Active joining allows for a loose fit then closing the lever locks your binding to board, removing all play from the system.
INTERLOCKING SEAM TABS
NO SEAM SEPARATION.
Seam tabs interlock across the seam of your splitboard interlocking and pre-loading the seam.
SNOW EJECTION CHANNELS
EASY SNOW CLEARING.
Made from a carbon infused nylon, the Ride Mode 2.0 is designed to reduce snow build up and clear snow easily.
TOUR MODE TECHNOLOGY
2.0 X EDGE GRIP.
Tour faster using less energy. Use the boots you want to ride in. Ride like a snowboarder. Tour like a hard booter.
TIGHTEST AND SMOOTHEST TOUR PIVOT.
- Independent sleeves rotate freely on a fixed through axle (similar to a bike axle) for the stiffest and smoothest touring pivot
- Wide support cradle increases tour mode rigidity
- Offset cradle allows snow to clear during entry
- Quick release touring bracket allows for quickest and simplest transition
DUAL SPEED RISERS
POLE BASKET FLIP.
- Flip up with pole basket; simple and easy
- Dual height climbing risers
LOCK YOUR HEEL.
- On-the-fly heel lock down
- Release load equivalent to DIN 6
- Heel-Lock folds out of way when not needed
BUY MORE BOARDS, NOT MORE BINDINGS.
Compatible with all Prime System bindings, Quiver-Connectors allow you to quickly and effortlessly swap your Karakoram bindings from board to board. Now your split, your park board, your pow stick, your groomer rocket, and anything else in your quiver can enter the world of durable, no-compromise, lightweight Karakoram performance. No turning screws, no fumbling trying to remember your stance, and no wasting time when you want to switch boards.
Rider: Nick Russell Photo: Andrew Miller Location: Chile